These tapes are ideal for wet areas as well as areas with barefoot traffic. It also has a unique profile that does not trap contaminants
It is recommended that the surface onto which tapes are installed to be 10 degrees Celsius and above when applying anti-slip tapes. It should be clean, dry and free of grease. For porous surfaces such as unsealed wood, concrete or stone, we recommend Sika 3N Primer be used.
- Brush the primer on as if it were paint.
- Cover the entire area that is to have anti-slip tapes installed. You only need enough to seal the surface. The primer acts as a keying agent that provides extra bond. The primer requires a short time to dry; this is only minimal – in warm conditions about 10 minutes and in cold conditions, up to 20 minutes. You can easily tell when the primer has set as it will be dry to the touch.
- Install tapes with firm even pressure – either with hands or a small roller.
- For high traffic areas or to be applied where there could be a lot of edge scuffing, we recommend the application of Edge Sealer. This material is a compound that helps to prevent any edge failure. Simply squeeze a very small amount directly from the tube down the edge of the installed anti-slip tape. It should touch both the anti-slip tape edge and the surface onto which it is being applied. Only a very small amount is required.
- Once applied it sets within a short period of time leaving behind an invisible edge of protection. It can be walked on almost immediately after treatment and enhances the durability of the tape.