Discrete Architectural Plastic Tactile Indicator
A one piece discrete architectural tactile ground surface indicator manufactured from new generation long lasting UV stable polymer. Designed to warn the vision impaired of an impending hazard or to provide directional guidance. As part of The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance, it is now mandatory to provide Tactile Warning Indicators (TGSI) to stairs, ramps and many other changing conditions.
- Embossed anti-slip top surface
- Built tough to withstand both extreme point loading and side impact especially over asphalt.
- PolyStud® can be walked on immediately after installation.
- Low maintenance, long lasting, resistant to heavy traffic abuse and maintenance machinery.
- PolyStud® offers specifiers the option of retaining the aesthetics of the underlying substrate without compromising the tactile performance.
Designed to conform with the Australian Standards. PolyStud® discrete architectural studs have a major diameter of 35mm, a minor diameter of 25mm a protrusion height of 5mm, the maximum to ensure longevity and optimum anti-slip a spigot diameter of 8mm x 20mm long, with fixing ribs to ensure mechanical retention to all substrates including concrete, timber, bitumen and most others.
High visibility Yellow, Black, Ivory, Blue, Terracotta and Silver (Stainless Steel Simile).
In accordance with the Australian Standards, a minimum luminance contrast of 45% must be provided between the tactile indicator and the surrounding substrate. PolyStud® is available in a range of colour allowing specifiers the option of selecting the most appropriate luminance value for any given installation.
Refer to the PolyStud luminance chart for selection details.
AS/NZS 1428:4.2002 Design for access and mobility
AS/NZS 4586:1999 Slip resistance classifi cation for new pedestrian surface materials