Grip Guard Fordex® safety flooring is designed to provide a secure non-slip surface in areas where grip under foot is paramount to pedestrian safety.
The diamond shaped nodule design channels water away reducing any unsightly and dangerous pooling, which is the major cause of aquaplaning. Fordex® is a cost effective way of eliminating the risk of slips, trips and falls, particularly on ramps leading in and out of buildings.
Most asset managers are aware of the increasing risk of public liability and the pressure that is being placed on specifiers and installers of safety products. When it comes to pedestrian anti-slip requirements and public safety, it may be prudent not to rely on surfaces which are inconsistent, are produced in-situ by installers with little or no training and surface treatments which wear away over time.
For the first time, Fordex® takes the guess work out of safety surfaces by providing you a proven and tested flooring surface which meets the Australian Standards AS4586 and the Building Code of Australia (BCA).
Fordex® marine grade safety flooring has a durable, attractive surface consisting of numerous diamond shaped nodules that are further abraded on the top surface. This design improves grip even in the most challenging conditions. The surface nodules channel water away reducing unsightly & dangerous water ponding which can be the major cause of aquaplaning.
Fordex® safety flooring is designed to provide a secure nonslip surface in areas where grip under foot is paramount to pedestrian safety. A combination of specialized polymers and surface profile design delivers a high co-efficiency of friction in both wet & dry conditions.
Fordex® is a cost effective way of eliminating the risk of slips, trips and falls, particularly on ramps leading in and out of buildings.
- Diamond nodules channel water away, reducing unsightly & dangerous surface pooling
- Delivers an R13 anti-slip rating, the highest in the industry
- Unique blend of polymers provide optimum UV stability & wear resistance
- Built-in fungicide to prevent bacterial growth that can sometimes lead to unsightly stains
- Designed to remain vibrant for the life of the product
- Combination of specialised polymers delivers a high co-efficiency of friction in both wet & dry conditions
- Optimum resistance to wear & chemicals typical to the marine industry such as fuel, grease, chlorine and salt.
- Appropriate for all anti-slip safety applications such as walkways, stairways, external ramps and pontoons, marine decking, swimming pool surrounds, house boats and most other excessively wet areas.
- Available in 4 attractive colours to meet the aesthetic requirements of most internal/external applications: Grey, Black, Ocean Blue and Safety Yellow Custom colours are available upon request subject to quantity.
- AS/NZS 4586:1999 Slip resistance classification for new pedestrian surface materials
- Clause D2.10( c ) of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)