Carborundum Modified Safety Stair Treads and Plates are manufactured from folded galvanised metal angles or plates which are modified with carborundum grain imbedded in an epoxy coating. This combination provides an extremely durable, hard wearing, high friction surface which provides the very best in anti-slip, safety and product longevity. As carborundum is well known as being the second hardest material to diamond, Grip Guard’s Carborundum Modified Safety Stair Treads and Plates are suitable for the most demanding applications. In fact Grip Guard guarantees that under normal use, the leading edge will not dislodge, wear away or deteriorate over the life of the product. Grip Guard’s Safety Stair Treads and Plates are design to meet the requirements of AS1428.4 and are available in a range of high visibility colours including yellow, grey and black to provide a safe environment both inside and outside.
- Designed and manufactured from galvanised metal, carborundum and epoxy to provide maximum durability and safety. Also available in aluminium and stainless steel.
- Resistant to heavy traffic abuse and will survive the test of time even in the most demanding applications
- Supplied in standard sizes and can be custom made at no extra cost
- Available in 3 stand out primary colours including yellow, grey and black
- Achieves an R13 safety rating, the highest in the industry
- Supplied pre-drilled ready to install
- Are supplied with all necessary stainless steel fixing screws and anchors to ensure longevity
- Can be retro-fitted onto concrete, ceramic tiles, timber, carpet (direct stick) and almost any other surface.
Carborundum Modified Safety Stair Treads and Plates are suitable for both internal and external applications and will continue to provide optimum safety in: severe marine environments, areas prone to water or oil spillage including immersion, over gradients for example pedestrian ramps and can even be manufactured to suit ladder rungs. Grip Guard’s Modified Safety Stair treads and Plates are suitable for applications which demand the highest performance in pedestrian safety, including:
Commercial :airlines and airports, fast food kitchens, delivery vehicles
Marine Industry : wharves, port authorities, ferries
Institutions : Aged care facilities, hospitals
Industrial: Manufacturing plants, cons truction sites, conveyor walkways, on / off shore oil & gas production and refining, power stations
Public Areas: Public pools, railway stations, tram and bus stations, shopping centres, sporting stadiums, theatres, main roads departments
Grip Guard’s Anti-slip Safety Stair Treads and Plates are available in standard stock sizes which conform to the Australian Standards and are also available in custom sizes (no extra charges apply). They are supplied predrilled and ready to install. Stock sizes are:
In accordance with the Australian Standards a minimum luminance contrast of 30% must be provided between the Safety Stair Tread and/or Plate and the surrounding substrate. Grip Guard’s Safety Stair Treads and Plates are available in 3 primary colours which allow specifier’s to select the most appropriate luminance contrast for any given application and aesthetic requirement. Refer to Grip Guard’s Safety Stair Treads and Plates luminance chart for selection details.
- AS/NZS 1428:4.2002 Design for access and mobility
- AS/NZS 4586:1999 Slip resistance classification for new pedestrian surface materials